Therefore, I thought I'd share some comments made by certain credible poster on Chinese military bbs. Now, I'm not saying they are not necessarily true, but they have made good impressions in the past.
The points are as follows:
- There are 3 of these 094s, but there are also another SSBN at work that does not have the humps. Apparently, that SSBN is being worked on right now at Huludao (called 094 Type 2)
- There are at least two 092s and they will be converted to SSGNs. Each tube can hold 3 to 5 LACMs (I guess DH-10 or something like that)
- There are 5 093s as 2005, I guess either undergoing sea tests or commissioned.
- The first 095 or 093G is being worked on and will be launched by 2010.
- They are expected to have 8 093/095s by 2010
- Another 2 094s are expected by 2010